Rarely is there a one-size-fits-all process that works in every situation.
That is most definitely true in the world of church planting and the development of new congregations. However there are a few steps that we would anticipate will be helpful for most leaders.
- Assessment process: We have partnered with various Church Planting organizations. If you have a desire to “plant” a church, we will arrange for you to go through an interview and assessment process that will reveal strengths, growing edges and suitability for church planting.
- Church Planter Covenant: We have a covenant that clearly lays out what you can expect from the CABC family in terms of the various means through which we can support you. As well the covenant identifies expectations of you. This covenant may be less relevant in specific situations (eg. A missional merger of two or more congregations.) However in most new start-ups the assessment process and covenant will add increased strength.
- Team Building: Once a person is deemed to be suitable candidate to start a new congregation, whether pastoring a multi-site, initiating a “fresh expression” or planting a new congregation the leader will be expected to build a strong core lead team.
- Partner Congregation: In most cases, it would be expected that a “partner congregation” is found that can serve as a “mother” church to this new congregation.
- Fundraising: There will be certain expectations placed upon a leader in terms of raising some of your personal support. That could mean leading bi-vocationally, as well as raising support personally from friends, family and supporters.